Terms & conditions
Under the Data Protection Act, we have a legal duty to protect any information we collect from users of the Administrative Data Research Network.
Information automatically collected and stored
When browsing through any website, certain information about a visitor can be collected. The following information is automatically collected and stored about each visitor to the site:
- the IP address/domain name of the computer used to access the website
- the date and time of the visit
- the pages visited
- the address of the website the user came from
- the address of the website to which the user exited
- the operating system of the visitor’s computer
- the version and type of web browser used
This information is used for statistical purposes and to help make the website more useful to visitors. Unless we specifically state otherwise, no additional information will be collected when visiting the website.
The Network is careful to guard the security of personal data and the details of any exchange of information over the internet.
This is done by putting in place and carefully administering a secure IT infrastructure in accordance with industry standards and good practice.
Users can help to protect themselves from internet fraud by:
- logging out
- closing their browser at the end of a session
- clearing any ‘cache’ so there is no record of any information exchange left on screen – most standard browsers allow this